MHAA receives support from Youth Philanthropy Council
The Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge is pleased to announce their Youth Philanthropy Council’s (YPC) decision to award $30,500 in competitive grants to 12 nonprofit organizations serving local youth in Staunton, Waynesboro, and Augusta County. The Foundation is grateful to the Shenandoah Valley Kiwanis Club for granting the YPC $5,000. This enabled them to support more organizations than last year.
The 2021 YPC grant recipients are:
* ARROW Project
* Blue Ridge CASA for Children
* Blue Ridge Legal Services
* Iglesia Shalom Nuevo Comienzo
* Institute for Reform and Solutions
* Jones Garden
* Mental Health America – Augusta
* New Directions Center
* Shenandoah Valley Community Focus
* Valley Children’s Advocacy Center
* Valley Hope Counseling Center
Since 2008, the YPC has granted a total of $220,500 to local nonprofit organizations serving youth. Throughout those years, the youth participating in the YPC have consistently recognized the importance of ensuring that their peers have access to programs and services that support their well-being.
(Text from CFCBR newsletter)